Hotel clement barajas fotos
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Madrid Barajas Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport has four terminals: T1, T2, T3, and T4. T4 is a very large, new, modern terminal and also has a satellite terminal, T4S. T1 houses low-cost carriers so it has fewer seats and facilities.
- The facilities and amenities are generally very good, but isn’t very comfortable for overnight sleepers.
- T4 has some 24-hour eateries and cafes. Each terminal has vending machines. See Food & Drinks in the airport guide below.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- If you do not have a boarding ticket, you will not be permitted to stay inside the airport at night. You will be kicked out. Security makes the round at approx. 11:00PM.
- Airport staff are generally tolerant of overnight travellers trying to sleep, but security may wake you after 5:00AM as security starts to open.
- Seats are mostly wooden and hard.
- T1 is not comfortable for sleeping, with very little seating at all. However, Mahoudrid coffee shop is said to be a good spot.
- T2, T3, and T4 have more space and seating areas, but it’s utilitarian and not very comfortable. Some benches don’t have armrests, so snag one when you see it.
- T4 McDonald's has soft seats and power outlets.
- The layout doesn’t provide much privacy.
- The lights generally stay bright overnight, so bring a sleep mask/eyeshades.
- The floor is tiled, so bring something to lie on for warmth.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are rooms available in Terminal 4 and hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; showers are available in some. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Madrid Barajas Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
» Read All Madrid Barajas Airport Reviews Write a Review
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges e that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Sala VIP Cibeles - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, P2, non-Schengen flights, between Gates B26 and 29. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Sala Puerta de Alcala - As of January 2018, this lounge is under renovation.
- Sala Puerta del Sol - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, P2, domestic & Schengen flights, near Gate E69. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Neptuno Lounge - Location: Terminal 4, Satellite, Airside, Non-Schegen area, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Plaza Mayor - Location: Terminal 4, Airside, 1st Floor. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Premium Traveller Arrivals Lounge - Location: Terminal 4,Landside, Arrivals Hall, Level -1. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
[ back to top ]
If sleeping in Madrid Barajas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport. Most hotels are located near Terminals 1 and 2, so if you are flying in or out of Terminal 4 travel times will be longer.
- Inside Airport Air Rooms - There are 22 rooms located inside Terminal 4 on Floor 1 (landside). Rooms can be booked for day use (3-6 hours) between the hours 10:00AM - 6:00PM or overnight. Showers are available. A shower kit consisting of a towel, gel and and slippers are provided. » Check Rates
- Ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Barajas - Free airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- TRYP Madrid Alameda Aeropuerto Hotel - Free airport shuttle runs 24-hour all year round. There is a sign posted outside of each terminal that says “BUSES HOTEL”. This hotel shares an airport shuttle with Melia Barajas Hotel. Call 917 477 700 for airport pick-up on demand. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Madrid Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
[ back to top ]
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Madrid Barajas Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA). Additionally, there are internet access points located throughout the Terminals. Some of these have printers and free mobile chargers.
[ back to top ]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside in all Terminals except T3, which only offers an Airside ATM.
Baby Care Facilities -
» Changing table, microwave, cot, play area (for kids up to 6 years old), comfortable seating and more are available in the Breastfeeding Lounge. Locations: T2, airside, Boarding Area D, 1st Floor (Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM) • T4, airside, Boarding Area, 1st Floor (Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
» Strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge, in all terminals. You can pick one up at one of these locations: T1, 1st Floor, Boarding Areas B or C • T2, 1st Floor, Boarding Area C • T4, 1st Floor, Boarding Area • T4S, 1st Floor, Boarding Area. Some luggage trolleys are retrofitted with infant carriers for babies up to 6 months. They are available for use at all terminals, free of charge.
- Banking Services - Bankia provides full banking services. Location: T4, Floor 2, Check-in area. Hours: 8:15AM - 2:15PM (with extended hours on Thursdays until 7:15PM during high season).
- Business Centre - Location: Terminal 4, P2. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Children's Play Areas - There is a playground located in Terminal 2, airside, Boarding Area D, 1st Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM. Additionally, there are 18 other play areas located near the boarding gates in all terminals.
- Currency Exchange - Currency exchange offices throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These are open 24 hours: Exact Change (T1, Baggage Reclaim Hall 1 • T1, 1st Floor, Boarding Area C ) • Global Exchange (T4, landside, Check-In, 2nd Floor - two offices) • Global Exchange (T4S, airside, Boarding Area, 1st Floor).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available throughout all terminals, along with a wide variety of retail shops.
Family Services - The airport offers these family-friendly services:
» Nursing - There are 2 dedicated areas for breastfeeding that include cots for the little ones as well as play areas. Locations: Terminal 2, Floor 1, Boarding Area D (Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM) and Terminal 4, Floor 1, Boarding area (Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM).
» Strollers - There are 7 areas in Terminals, 1, 2 and 4 (including T4 Satellite) which provide free stroller service as well as a baggage trolleys with child seats, at the Boarding Areas, Floor 1.
Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
» Terminal 1 - Mahoudrid (Arrivals, landside, Level 0) • Starbucks (Departures, airside, Level 1, Boarding Area B).
» Terminal 2 - Espression Lavazza (Departures, landside, Level 2).
» Terminal 4 - Eating Point (Departures, airside, Level 1, Boarding Area J) • Mahoudrid (Arrivals, landside, Level 0) • McDonald’s (Departures, landside, Level 2 and Departures, airside, Level 1, Boarding Area J).
» Terminal 4S - Starbucks (airside, Level 1).
» There are 250 vending machines located in all terminals on all floors. Machines offer hot and cold beverages and at some locations, an assortment of sandwiches and snacks.
- Information Desks - There is no shortage of information points available at the airport. Virtual hostesses can be found in every Terminal near check-in/boarding areas. In addition, Skycap Teams are available at 18 different locations throughout the Terminals, most of which are open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage can be stored at the Left Luggage Office at the following rates: €6 per bag/item for up to 2 hours, €10 per bag/item for up to 24 hours or per 24-hour period. Rates are higher for oversized luggage and discounts apply for longer storage terms. Locations: T1, Ground Floor, landscaped area in front of Hall 2 • T2, 1st Floor, Landside • T4, Arrivals Hall, Ground Floor. location open 24 hours.
- Luggage Trolleys - Available. Fee: unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping - Secure Bag and Bag Wrap provide luggage wrapping services at 15 locations throughout Terminals 1, 2 and 4. Hours and rates are not known.
- Medical Service - Locations: T2, Arrivals Hall, Floor 0 (Hours: Open 24 hours) • T4, Arrivals Hall, Floor 0 (Hours: Open 24 hours) • T4S, airside, Boarding Area M, Ground Floor (Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM).
- Mobile Charging - The airport has work desks with plugs for charging your devices. Locations: T4, Boarding Areas • T4S • T4, Baggage Claim.
- Pharmacy - Farmacia has four locations: T1, landside, Departures, Floor 0 (Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM) • T2, landside, Departures, 2nd Floor (Hours: 7:00AM - 9:30PM) • T4, airside, Departures, 1st Floor (Hours: 7:00AM - 10:30PM) • T4, landside, Departures, 2nd Floor (Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM).
- Post Office - Location: T1, Arrivals Hall, Floor 0. Hours: 8:30AM - 2:30PM (Mon-Fri) 9:30AM - 1:00PM (Sat).
Religious Spaces - Barajas airports has a few religious spaces:
» Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe Chapel - Mass at 11:00AM on Sundays and holidays. Location: T1, landside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:30PM.
» Nuestra Señora de Loreto Chapel - Mass at 11:00AM (Mon, Wed, Thurs) and 7:00PM (Sat and eve of holidays). Location: T2, landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:30PM.
» Chapel of Santiago - Mass at 11:00AM (Mon, Wed, Thurs) and 1:00PM (Sun and eve of holidays). Location: T4, landside, Departures, 2nd Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:30PM.
» Mosque - Location: T1, landside, 2nd Floor • T4, landside, Departures, 2nd Floor.
» Oratory - Location: T1, landside, 2nd Floor • T4, landside, Departures, 2nd Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:30PM.
- Rest Zones - Terminal 4S has a few rest areas. A reader tells us "There are two nice rest areas past gate 17, overlooking the flight control tower. They have padded reclined chairs with lamps, to outlets and 2 USB ports and are surrounded with a low barrier from traffic in the terminal. Two islands containing 6 seats each give 12 travelers a comfortable place to hang out for a bit."
- Showers - Showers are available in the Air Rooms [ see Airport Hotels above ]. Location: Terminal 4, Floor 1. Rate: 40.00 € includes a 30 minute shower and access to the VIP Lounge (Free WiFi and Free Breakfast or snacks).
[ back to top ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
[ back to top ]
As of March 2018, Madrid Barajas airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Aerolíneas Argentinas • Aeroméxico • Air Algérie • Air Arabia Maroc • Air Canada • Air China • Air Europa • Air France • Air India • Air Moldova • Air Nostrum • Alitalia • American Airlines • Avianca • Beijing Capital Airlines • Blue Air • Boliviana de Aviación • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bulgaria Air • Cathay Pacific • Ceiba Intercontinental • China Eastern • Cobalt • Czech Airlines • Cubana Airlines • Delta • easyJet • Egyptair • El Al- Israel Airlines • Emirates • Enter Air • Estelar Aerolíneas • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad Airways • Eurowings • Evelop • Finnair • Iberia • Icelandair • KLM • Korean Air • LATAM • LOT • Lufthansa • Luxair • Nesma Airlines • Norwegian • Pegasus Airlines • Plus Ultra • Privilege Style • Qatar Airways • Royal Air Maroc • Royal Jordanian Airlines • Ryanair • Saudia • Swiss • TAP Portugal • Tarom • Transavia • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines • Volotea • Vueling Airlines • Wamos Air • Wizz Air.
[ back to top ]
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The underground Metro Line 8 runs from all airport terminals to the Nuevos Ministerios station in central Madrid. Travel time to the city center should take approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
Several bus lines run from the airport to central Madrid, nearby locations and the rest of Spain. Estimated travel time to Atocha-Renfe is 40 minutes. Bus options include intercity buses, city buses, and long distance coaches.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Axor Barajas Hotel • Axor Feria Hotel • Be Live City Airport Madrid Diana • Best Western Hotel Villa de Barajas • Clement Barajas Hotel • Hilton Madrid Airport • Hotel Nuevo Boston • Ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Barajas • Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center • Maydrit Hotel • Melia Barajas • NH Barajas • taCH Hotel • SHS Hotel Aeropuerto • TRYP Madrid Alameda Aeropuerto Hotel. You should contact each hotel directly for shuttle details, hours and rates (if applicable).
Do you need to transfer terminals or get to your car at the parking lot? The airport has a variety of options for you. Shuttle buses and the Automatic People Mover train will get you where you need to go. For schedule information, visit the Madrid Barajas Airport website.
From Terminal T4, Line C1 of Renfe Cercanias connects travelers directly from the airport to key locations throughout Madrid. Travel time from the airport to the Chamartin is approximately 11 minutes. You can purchase tickets at the ticket counter or machines at the train stations.
Taxis can be found outside the arrivals area of all terminals. It is advised to only take rides in official taxis, which are white with a red stripe and the coat-of-arms of Madrid City Council on the doors.
The following car rental companies are available at Barajas Airport: Avis/Budget • Europcar/Interrent • Hertz/Firefly • Enterprise • Gold • Sixt. Locations: Car Rental counters are located in Terminal 1 (Floor 0) and Terminal 4 (Floor -1).
[ back to top ]
Have you been to this airport?
Write a Review
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning and is subject to change at any time. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please contact us .